Tuesday, March 22, 2011

P4C, Current Affairs, and so many other things!

I have had a stimulating day at Enrich so far! I have done everything I need to do and I am totally organised. For this week I think my current affairs is really interesting, it is about the Japanese tsunami.
I would like to share some facts about a tsunami with you:

1. Waves in a tsunami travel very quickly; much faster than your car can! They can travel up to 800  km/500 miles from the depth of the ocean.      

2. Waves from a tsunami can be as high as 30 metres or 100 feet. They grow bigger as they get to the shore. This means that they can start off as just a ripple of water in the middle of the ocean and become bigger and bigger until they become a gigantic wave when they hit the land.

I have also done the P4C workshop and the topic for it this week is Effort and Reward. We found out that a reward doesn't have to be money or a certificate.


This has been a bucketful of fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment